Close this search box.
Man with head in hands, looking concerned

I’m worried about someone and don’t know where to begin looking for help 

We’d like to start by saying thank you. Thank you for seeking help and caring for the people in your life who are living with addiction. 

Livingstone House has been walking alongside the friends and family of people living with addiction for many years. We can help you, as you seek to help someone you are worrying about. 

If you don’t find the information you are looking for on this page, or on the rest of our website, please give us a call – we are here to help you! 

Different types of help, for different types of people 

Our services include support for family and friends, as well as for those taking part in our rehabilitation programme. 

We can help you answer questions like: How do I talk to someone about addiction? 

Our team is hands on from the very early stages of the rehabilitation journey, through to the end. Often, at the start, friends and family of someone who is trying to figure out their addiction want to ‘stage an intervention’ – they want support in talking to their loved one who is struggling. 

The word ‘intervention’ carries unnecessary drama. It gets sensationalised from TV shows and films. But, essentially, intervention is a family conversation. 

It doesn’t have to be difficult, and you don’t have to do it alone. We offer early intervention family support in the form of a family conference – we facilitate with a professional team member to help you have the conversation you’ve been wanting to have. We can help you move the conversation toward decisions and actions to help your loved one.

Where to start with getting support for someone struggling with addiction

No question is too small or too big. We’ve heard it all…

  • Can I meet your team? 
  • How much time and involvement do I need to give to support someone in their rehabilitation? 
  • Is there any support available for me? 

The ‘I’m worried about someone else’ page on our website is a great starting point to help with some of your initial questions.

What if you think someone needs urgent medical help, now? 

The best advice we can give is to call NHS 111. They will help you decipher if you need to get emergency 999 attention, go to A&E or visit an Urgent Treatment Centre (UTC).

UTC’s provide urgent medical treatment in non-life-threatening situations. They are open at least 12 hours a day, every day. Find your closest UTC using the NHS search tool. 

You cannot walk-in to a UTC without an appointment like you used to be able to do. But speak with the NHS 111 service and they will help you set up an appointment. 

Want to talk to someone today? 

If you are concerned about someone you know who may be showing signs of addiction or you think is in need of urgent help – please get in touch. We can help you work out what to do. 

You are not alone. We have walked alongside so many different types of people struggling, and their families and friends. It’s not too late to take a step in the direction of recovery, help and peace. 

Don’t just take it from us, read PH’s short story of success after working through our rehabilitation programme. 

Scroll to Top

Receive a free call back from us

If you would like more information or advice, please fill out the form below and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

I need help now

If you or someone you care about needs urgent help now, you can:
Call your GP and ask for an emergency appointment
Call NHS 111
Contact your mental health crisis team (if you have one)
Call Samaritans free on 116 123 or email
If you are in a life threatening situation right now please call 999